All About Beer
With their popularity growing, it is no surprise that the Chicago Southland is home to 15 craft breweries. After exploring the Southland region, a cold, refreshing beer is the perfect way to end the day.
Grab a brew and a bite at Flossmoor Station Restaurant & Brewery in Flossmoor. This former train station was renovated and opened in 1996. With over 80 awards for their hand crafted beers, Flossmoor Station continues to be a favorite location for both locals and travelers alike. As a bonus for dog lovers, Flossmoor Station is one of many Chicago Southland locations that allows furry friends to tag along on the patio throughout the summer. Evil Horse Brewing Company in Crete is also located in a historical building, with portions of the property dating back to 1911. Evil Horse frequently hosts game nights and $3 beer specials, along with the occasional live band or tour of the brewery. While Evil Horse does not serve their own food, local restaurant delivery is available.
Brookfield Zoo hosts its annual ZooBrew each summer and partners with several area breweries. Lions and tigers and beers (and live music!) make ZooBrew a must. New to the Chicago Southland area is the Dixie Highway Brewery Trail, the first trail of its kind in the area. The trail features eight area breweries, including Thornton Distilling and Brewery Co. in Thornton and Blue Island Beer Company in Blue Island. The trail sponsors an annual Oktoberfest, featuring a selection of beer from each brewery, delicious German food and authentic German beer-drinking music. The Dixie Highway Brewery Trail is a fun way to explore the Chicago Southland and even offers participants the chance to earn cool prizes for completing the trail. No matter what type of brewery you’re looking for, the Chicago Southland is overflowing with options!
Complete List of Chicago Southland Breweries
- Arrowhead Ales Brewing Company, New Lenox
- Blue Island Beer Company, Blue Island
- Brothership Brewing, Mokena
- Bulldog Ale House, Lansing
- Bulldog Ale House, New Lenox
- Evil Horse Brewing Company, Crete
- Flossmoor Station Restaurant & Brewery, Flossmoor
- Hickory Creek Brewing Company, New Lenox
- Homewood Brewing Company, Homewood (Opening Spring/Summer 2024)
- One Allegiance Brewing, Chicago Ridge
- One Trick Pony Brewery, Lansing
- Rabid Brewing, Homewood
- Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery, Orland Park
- Thornton Distilling Co., Thornton (Distillery)
- Trail’s Edge Brewing Co., Frankfort