The Center for Performing Arts at Governors State University (GSU) invites applications for a Theater Manager position. We seek an individual eager to serve with a spirit of generosity, empathy and inclusion.
GSU is the only regional public comprehensive university in Chicago’s south suburban area, serving more than 5,500 students annually. Governors State University is a cultural destination with its 750-acre campus encompassing the world-renowned Nathan Manilow Sculpture Park, a state-of-the-art 1171-seat Center for Performing Arts venue, and the Visual Arts Gallery with work displayed across the campus. GSU is conveniently located within easy reach of Chicago and surrounding communities with a wealth of cultural and natural attractions.
The Theater Manager is one of the Center’s prime ambassadors, serving as the first welcoming point of contact for vendors, artists, agents, promoters, rental clients, and other constituents. This leadership position oversees myriad aspects of operations and reports to the Executive Director. The position requires strong interpersonal skills, an agile and collaborative style, and the ability to plan, anticipate, and work within constraints to ensure that each event brings an extraordinary valuable experience to everyone involved. We seek an exceptionally welcoming and organized host who can offer “radical hospitality” to guests of all backgrounds, ages and abilities.
• Oversee scheduling and booking activities of the 1171-seat venue and support/auxiliary spaces.
• Execute contracts in collaboration with the procurement department.
• Manage rental events, concession budgets, reports, invoices, and collections.
• Advance and staff events to ensure they meet contractual obligations in collaboration with local hotels and GSU’s custodial, catering, security, facilities, and other departments.
• Provide oversight and supervision to student workers, volunteer ushers, and concession manager during designated shifts.
• Oversee concession operations, bus pick-up/drop off for student matinee groups, venue safety, evacuation and front-of-house procedure.
• Support the academic Theatre and Performance Studies program (in residence at the Center five weeks annually).
• Collaborate with marketing staff on Playbill preparation and other promotional efforts.
• Support production team and special events office with set-up and other contractual matters.
Conveniently located along Interstate 80 at the La Grange Road interchange, the Hilton Garden Inn, Tinley Park, IL, proudly managed by National Hospitality Services is a short 35-minute drive from downtown Chicago. The Hilton Garden Inn boasts 117 guest rooms, ranging from queen/queen, to king, to king two-room suites throughout the property’s three floors, 2,213 square feet of event place and The Garden Grille and Bar. The property also provides an indoor pool and whirlpool, 25-hour fitness center, gift shop, laundry facilities, complimentary shuttle service and a business center.
Housekeeper Job Overview - The Housekeeper is responsible for maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness in all guestrooms. He or she must work to promote safety in all guest areas by following strict procedures with respect to passkeys, entry to guestrooms, and reporting any suspicious activity. Housekeeper must demonstrate a commitment to maintaining high quality standards and attention to detail.
Night Auditor Job Overview - The Night Auditor is responsible for posting and balancing charges and settlements for rooms, maintaining files and resetting the systems for the next day’s operations as well as working at the front desk of the hotel greeting and checking in arriving guests and checking out departing guests. The Night Auditor also provides excellent customer services to current and future guests and making reservations for incoming phone calls or walk-ins.
Housekeeping Position - starting at $11.00 per hour, must be available to work weekends
Front Desk Position - schedule flexibility required along with weekends (specially 2nd and 3rd shift)
Please call hotel at 708-479-7808 and ask for Brenda Trevino the hiring manager.