Three Chicago Southland Businesses Inducted Into The Illinois Made Program
By Andy Ritter published November 11, 2021
Olympia Fields, Ill. – (November 10, 2021) – Three Chicago Southland businesses were honored by The Illinois Office of Tourism as part of the Illinois Made program which recognizes each business for being makers, creators and artisans who have helped craft Illinois while attracting locals and visitors to discover these hidden gems.
“Being recognized for excellence by the Illinois Office of Tourism is a tremendous honor, we’re so proud of our newest inductees,” said Jim Garrett, President/CEO of the Chicago Southland Convention & Visitors Bureau.
This year’s Chicago Southland inductees are;
- Gayety’s Chocolates in Lansing – Established in 1920, Gayety’s offers mouth-watering treats to go along with their old-world charm. Specializing in fresh, high quality hand dipped chocolates and hand-made ice cream from their 100-year-old recipes, they were recognized as one of USA Today’s “Top 50 Ice Cream Parlors.”
- Thornton Distilling Company in Thornton – Located in the oldest standing brewery in Illinois, this 20,000 square foot facility produces small-batch craft spirits by hand, offers historic tours, tastings, and an award-winning cocktail bar and restaurant plus hosts weddings and social events. Additionally, they’ve produced over 5,000 gallons of hand sanitizer and donate it for free.
- Vintrendi Wine Company in Park Forest – Craft winery that aims to de-mystify wines and offer the consumer taste experiences not typically found on the average retailer’s shelves. By presenting their wines based on their taste profiles, they’re able to coach wine consumers in finding what they truly like.
They join five previous inductees from the Chicago Southland;
- 5 Rabbit Cerveceria in Bedford Park
- Flossmoor Station Restaurant & Brewery in Flossmoor
- Homewood Bat Co. in Homewood
- Lotton Art Glass Gallery & Studios in Crete
- Wild Blossom Meadery & Winery in Chicago
Launched in 2016, The Illinois Made program inspires residents and visitors to discover the people, products and authentic experiences created by one-of-a-kind small businesses found in every region of the state. This newest class of Makers is being announced just in time to inspire consumers to buy local products this holiday shopping season.
The Chicago Southland Convention & Visitors Bureau is the official destination management and marketing organization for Chicago’s 62 south and southwest suburbs. The Chicago Southland CVB nationally markets and sells the Chicago Southland region as a destination for meetings and conventions, group tour, sports events and leisure travel. For more information, go to VisitChicagoSouthland.com